Organisation and locations
The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) is Norway’s leading institution for applied ecological research.
The head office is in Trondheim, and additional offices are established in Oslo, Lillehammer and Tromsø. NINA also owns and runs research stations for fish at Ims and Talvik, for seabirds at Røst and Hjelmsøya, and a breeding farm for arctic fox at Oppdal.
The institute is organised in research departments. Trondheim has to reseach departments, while Lillehammer, Oslo and Tromsø has one each:
- NINA, Arctic Ecology Department (Tromsø)
- NINA, Terrestrial Ecology Department (Trondheim)
- NINA, Aquatic Ecology Department (Trondheim)
- NINA, Human Dimension Department (Lillehammer)
- NINA, Landscape Ecology Department (Oslo)
More about NINA.