+47 924 42 111
Integrated ecological economic assessment and valuation, ecosystem accounting, decision analysis under uncertainty, payments for ecosystem services, forest policy mix analysis, urban ecosystem services in planning, non-market valuation methods for ecosystem services, conservation management planning, environmental and resource economics in water resource management, sustainable harvesting of wetland resources, Bayesian belief networks.
Ecosystem accounting, Environmental impact assessment (EIA), natural resource damage assessment (NRDA), non-market valuation of environmental impacts, environmental and economic risk analysis, decision-support systems and analysis, water resource economics, integrated water resource modelling and management.
David N. Barton holds a Ph.D. in Agricultural and Resource Economics from the Agricultural University of Norway (NLH), an M.Sc. in Ecological Economics from the National University of Costa Rica (UNA), and an M.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH).
- Feb 2008 - :Environmental and Resource Economist, Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA)
- Feb 2003 - Jan 2008: Environmental and Resource Economist, Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA)
- Jan 2000 - Jan 2003: Environmental and Resource Economist, Department for Environment and Resources, InterConsult ASA and Interconsult International AS
- Nov 1998 - Jan 1999: Secretary for Expert Panel on the Role of Research in Sustainable Development, Norwegian Research Council
- June - July 1998: Intern. Environmental Economics and Sustainable Indicators Unit, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Nov 1995 - Jun 1996: Environmental Planning Liaison in Costa Rica, Norconsult International A.S. Environmental Impact Assessment of Pacuare Hydropower Project
- Sep 1995 - Mar 1996: Researcher and lecturer, International Centre for Political Economics,Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica (CINPE-UNA). UNEP Project on Economic Valuation of Natural Resources in Latin America. Lectured M.Sc. course on EIA and CBA.
- May 1993 - Aug. 1995: Project officer and Researcher, Centre for Studies of Environment and Resources (SMR), University of Bergen. Coordinator of research programme on integrated coastal zone management (ICZM) in Costa Rica. Economic valuation of tropical coastal resources. Field research on mangrove valuation and management in Costa Rica.
- July - Aug. 1993: Intern, Environmentally Sustainable Development Division, Africa Technical Department, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- April - July 1992: Intern, Electricité de France (EDF), Paris. Research on climate change policy.
SOFTWARE KNOW-HOW: @RISK Monte Carlo analysis in Excel (http://www.palisade.com/risk/default.asp) Hugin Expert Bayesian belief networks for decision analysis (http://www.hugin.com/) Expert Choice Multiple criteria analysis (http://www.expertchoice.com/) MindManager Project planning and management (http://www.mindjet.com/eu/) STATA Statistics and econometrics (http://www.stata.com/) ArcGIS Geographical information system (http://www.esri.com/) (basic knowledge)
English - Fluent Norwegian - Fluent Spanish - Fluent French - Very Good
Norway Costa Rica Nicaragua Guatemala Honduras El Salvador Sri Lanka Inner Mongolia, China Uganda Mali Karnataka,India Andrah Pradesh, India
International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) European Association for Environment and Resource Economics (EAERE)