Barton has 10 years experience in the use of environmental and resource economics in water resource management, sustainable harvesting of wetland resources, conservation management planning and environmental economic risk analysis. He has specialised in the application of non-market valuation methods for environmental quality and decision analysis under uncertainty. He has conducted a number of projects related to economic valuation methods and economic analysis of multiple use conflict in wetlands, watershed and coastal resources; including cost-benefit analysis of environmental objectives in several river basins subject to the EU Water Framework Directive (Norway) cost-effectiveness analysis of groundwater protection (Norway), non-market valuation and benefit-cost analysis of clean-up measures for contaminated marine sediments (Norway), economic evaluation of pollution abatement and flood mitigation measures in watershed management (Norway), valuation of water quality (Norway), economic evaluation of upland small-holder soil conservation practices in watershed management (Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador), feasibility studies of flood mitigation (Nicaragua), economic evaluation of conservation areas (Costa Rica), economic valuation of water and sanitation projects in coastal zones (Costa Rica), natural resource damage valuation of oil spills in coastal zones (Sri Lanka), cost-effectiveness and multiple criteria analysis of lake restoration measures (Inner Mongolia, China), economic impact analysis of toxic algal blooms (Uganda), and is currently engaged in a feasibility study of payments for watershed environmental services (Karnataka,India).
Vis hele profilen til David Barton
Vis hele profilen til Anders Endrestøl
Botany, conservation biology, species and area management, vascular plants, agricultural landscapes.
Vis hele profilen til Anders Often
Botanikk, mykologi, skogøkologi, miljøgradienter i skog, arts-og arealforvaltning, truete og sårbare arter.
Vis hele profilen til Egil Bendiksen
Odd Egil Stabbetorp
Research Ecologist Field of work: Vegetation ecology, botany, population ecology, population genetics, conservation biology, species and area management, agricultural landscapes, environmental impact assessments, landscape analysis, geographic information systems (GIS).
Vis hele profilen til Odd Egil Stabbetorp
Current research is on land use conflicts in a socio-economic and socio-cultural perspective, and cultural change in rural areas.
Vis hele profilen til Olve Krange
Jiska Joanneke Van Dijk
Vis hele profilen til Jiska Joanneke Van Dijk
- Completed Teachers training (pedagogic & didactic) - Environmental Education: June 2015
- Working in the field of Human behaviour and sustainability
- Working in the field of Ecosystem Services and valuation
- Participatory prosesses
- Otter expert - Norwegian representative IUCN-Otters SSG
- Over 10 years of experience in wolverine, high alpine ecology, otter & mink: extensive field work and working in remote areas, data analyses and writing scientific papers, as well as dissemination of salient results.
- Over 10 years of experience in bear biology, species and nature conservation: coordination of scientific research and international projects, dissemination and encouragement of conservation-related topics.
- Experience in project coordination, teamwork and supervising students.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems, image and web-site editors, and multi-software packages.
- Experience in communicating research results to interested parties (science-policy meetings, seminars, workshops, and writing information letters).
Megan Sarah Nowell
Landscape ecology, spatial pattern analysis, GIS, remote sensing
Vis hele profilen til Megan Sarah Nowell
Vis hele profilen til Erik Gomez-Baggethun
Vis hele profilen til Zander Venter